5/15/11

A sign of Things to Come

Whoo, a lot has happened since I last updated. Namely, I finished my website (SO excited to show you all, just waiting for it to get published), I upgraded my Canon 50D to a Canon 5D (mark I), and I bought 3 new film cameras. I spent about $30 on an old timey 35 mm camera, and I also bought a Polaroid 600SE and a 4x5 Large format camera (all of it costing less than most new digital cameras).

Putting together my website, and looking through all of the photos I've shot over the last 4 years, I've been doing a lot of reflection and sort of realized what I've been missing, and that is film, not holgas or little toy cameras, but good quality well exposed film. So from now on, I'm going to try to do tons more film, I know it will cost more, and it will be a bit more frustrating, but I feel like my images will turn out so much better. Who knows maybe I'll sell my digital and become a %100 film shooter, we'll have to see where things go. Either way, I'm so excited to start shooting with my other cameras again. What's gotten me especially excited about it is reading Jonathan Canlas's Guide to Film, which I definitely recommend! (buy the book here).

This week I'll be testing out all of my new camera friends and I have a shoot planned with Seth, here's a little hint of what's to come!

Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 8.30.01 PM

Shot using the Polaroid 600SE on Fuji Instant Color film

1 comment:

ESTHER BEAZER said...

Maddy, I am so excited for you! and a little bit jealous too! I miss shooting with the 4x5. I can't wait to see what you come up with!